THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL REFURBISHMENT OF AN EXISTING FOUR STOREY OFFICE ACCOMMODATION BUILDING TO CREATE A MODERN OFFICE ENVIRONMENT FOR USE BY CUSTOMER SERVICES DIRECT. THE PROJECT WAS PROCURED VIA A PARTNERING FORM OF CONTRACT.
The external refurbishment works required to the envelope of the building included the replacement of the slate and metal clad type roof finishes, brickwork cleaning and stonework repairs in addition to the formation of a new glazed lift shaft enclosure. Internally, the project included a full refurbishment to the open plan office areas, formation of new meeting room areas and replacement of finishes and fittings to the staff kitchen and toilet areas. The project also included the extensive replacement of the mechanical, electrical and data services installations.
Key features of the project were:-
- Formation of a new frameless glazed lift shaft enclosure
- Installation of frameless glazed internal partitions to form meeting rooms
- Extensive mechanical, electrical and data services installations
- Project delivered to fast track programme and within cost budget
- Partnering project using NEC Form of Contract