THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE DEMOLITION OF AN EXISTING GARDEN CENTRE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW SINGLE STOREY BUILDING CONTAINING SALES SPACE AND A FULLY LICENCED RESTAURANT.
External works included involved erection of a large Polytunnel, plant sales areas and a terraced restaurant outdoor seating area.
The new garden centre was constructed on a 'brownfield' site which we remodelled into three terrace steps after demolition of the old garden centre. The building includes a large interior and exterior retail space, 120 cover restaurant, toilet facilities, commercial kitchen and office areas.
The internal fit out of both kitchen and sales areas were carried out by others employed directly by the client.
Key features of the project were:
- Extensive cut and fill to form three terrace levels retained by RC walls
- Feature RC walls to form a curved customer ramp leading customers from upper to lower levels of retail space
- Steel frame main building clad with Kingspan
- Extensive PV system installed on roof to maximise energy efficiency
- Substantial drainage and attenuation works to cope with a site containing natural springs, ponds and water courses.