THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 75 BEDROOM PREMIER INN HOTEL INCLUDING A WHITBREAD 'TABLE TABLE' RESTAURANT FACILITY.
The project incorporated Modern Methods of Construction and was procured via a Design and Construct arrangement.
The accommodation within the new hotel comprised of 75 en-suite bedrooms, Table Table Restaurant, lift and stairwell cores, corridors, laundry rooms and staff areas.
The building was constructed using a reinforced concrete basement and transfer structure to the ground floor area and three storey timber frame structure to the hotel accommodation above. The lift and stairwell cores were formed with structural steel framing. The external envelope of the building was finished with a combination of facing brickwork, decorative metal cladding and aluminium windows and curtain walling.
Key features of the project were:
- Reinforced concrete framed basement and transfer structure to ground floor
- Three storey timber frame hotel structure
- Formation of a restaurant facility
- Site located on a busy town centre location
- Design and Construct form of procurement