THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW REPLACEMENT PRIMARY SCHOOL FACILITY INCORPORATING CLASSROOMS, ACTIVITY AREAS, LIBRARY, SCHOOL HALL AND KITCHEN FACILITIES. THE PROJECT WAS PROCURED VIA AN NEC PARTNERING CONTRACT UNDER A FRAMEWORK ARRANGEMENT
The project was constructed on a 'greenfield' site using traditional loadbearing masonry construction with structural steel infill members to the roof structure and hall area of the building. The project included the construction of the hard and soft play areas in addition to drainage and services installations.
Key features of the project were:-
- Biomass Boiler Installation
- BREEAM 'Very Good' Accreditation achieved
- Partnering project using NEC Form of Contract
- Project delivered both within budget and programme
- Suffolk Association of Architects Award winner