Barnes Construction is the largest division of The Barnes Group Limited and offers a comprehensive professional construction service. The business is very proud of its commitments to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused building contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clientele. The business is based at its Head Office in Ipswich, but operates throughout the UK on a wide range of projects mainly within the Health, Leisure, Education, Retail and Commercial sectors.Responsible to:
Administrative Secretary to Managing Directors
Duties will include:
- Answering phones efficiently and professionally, directing calls and taking messages where necessary.
- Sorting incoming and outgoing post.
- Greeting and looking after visitors whilst in reception.
- Directing deliveries to the correct recipient.
- Keeping the Reception area in a tidy condition.
- Providing support to the purchasing department
- Receiving and checking Expenses before approval from Directors.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks to assist the Administration team
The duties of the position will vary from time to time as a result of, new initiatives, new or amended employment legislation, changes in technology, policy changes or re-structuring, in these cases appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake any new/varied work.Skills required:
- You will have a solid background of Reception experience for this extremely important front of house position.
- You must be professional in your attitude towards clients, be of smart appearance, punctual and have good administration skills as well as being Microsoft Office and Excel computer literate.
- You will have the ability to get on with staff at all levels and maintain good working relationships within the administration team.
- You will be a good communicator and maintain a polite and helpful attitude.
- This role would suit someone who thrives on working in a dedicated reception area, dealing with clients but ostensibly working on their own.
- The duties of the position will vary from time to time as a result of new initiatives, changes in technology, policy changes or re-structuring, in these cases appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake any new/varied work.
- The post holder may also be requested to attend training courses and/or briefing sessions that may fall outside of the normal working week.
The Company will provide a competitive salary, together with the opportunity for further appropriate training.
Please apply in writing enclosing a current CV marked ‘For the attention of Mrs L. Lay, Administrative Secretary to the Joint Managing Directors’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 8th September 2021.
Barnes Construction, 6 Bermuda Road, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, Suffolk IP3 9RU
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence. Barnes Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.