Barnes Construction is the largest division of The Barnes Group Limited and offer a comprehensive professional construction service. The Group is very proud of its commitment to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused Building Contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clients. The business is based at its Head Office in Ipswich, but operates throughout the UK. Barnes Construction is committed to good practice in Health & Safety and has established an extremely good record in this area.
Barnes Construction undertake new build and refurbishment projects in a typical project value range from £0.5m - £15m in all the major sectors including commercial, educational, industrial, leisure, health and social housing.
Key attributes for the Role
- Ability to work as a key part of a team
- Experience of cost control measures to ensure margin targets achieved
- Familiar with Sub Contract procurement
- Able to review, assess and certify interim subcontractor payments
- Able to produce accurate CVR reports
- Experience of using Estimating and accounts software packages
- Willingness to assist in development of junior members of staff
- Awareness and knowledge of different forms of construction contracts
- Ability to produce and manage external account matters
- Display a pro-active and non-adversarial approach
- Ensure that good Client relations are developed and maintained
- Report to the Chief Surveyor and Surveying Director
The company actively encourages continued training and offers realistic long-term career opportunities throughout the Group. The position reflects this ethos and attracts the usual fringe benefits of a competitive salary, contributory pension, bonus scheme, life assurance, annual holidays and car allowance.
If you are interested in the above position, applications should, in the first instance, be made in writing enclosing current CV to the address below or by e-mail to:
Mr Simon Severwright
6 Bermuda Road
Suffolk IP3 9RU
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence. Barnes Construction is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
*** We WILL NOT be accepting applications via any agencies at this time as we have not instructed them to advertise for us ***
Closing Date: 26 November 2021