Barnes Construction is the largest division of The Barnes Group Limited and offers a comprehensive professional construction service. The business is very proud of it’s commitments to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused building contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clientele. The business is based at its Head Office in Ipswich, but operates throughout the UK on a wide range of projects mainly within the Health, Leisure, Education, Retail and Commercial sectors.
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary external design teams.
- A good team player with the drive to roll up their sleeves and get on with the job.
- Excellent inter-personal skills are essential.
- Broad experience in the leisure, commercial, education and mixed-use markets, designing to both traditional and modern methods of construction.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and the planning process.
- Ability to interpret ER’s and develop compliant, workable solutions.
- A thorough understanding of the design and risk management processes.
- Programme and produce design programmes/controls for timely information release to procurement and construction delivery teams.
- Commercial awareness and value engineering to increase value to client and drive down capital costs.
The Successful candidate
- Will be Degree, HND or similar qualified in a construction discipline.
- Construction experience essential; design experience desirable.
- Articulate and with the skills to produce clear and concise contracts proposals.
- Have or wish to develop knowledge of BIM.
- Good IT skills.
The Company actively encourages continued training and offers realistic long-term career opportunities throughout the business.
Please apply in writing enclosing a current CV marked ‘For the attention of Mr M Hart, Joint Managing Director’ or email email@example.com. Closing Date: 15 November 2019.
Barnes Construction, 6 Bermuda Road, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, IP3 9RU
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence. Barnes Construction is an Equal Opportunities Employer.