THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A FOUR STOREY GRADUATE ACCOMMODATION BLOCK INCORPORATING 40 STUDY BEDROOMS. THE PROJECT WAS PROCURED VIA A TWO STAGE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT PROCUREMENT PROCESS
The new four storey building was constructed using a reinforced concrete frame structure with a light weight roof level plant room and roof terrace enclosure. The roof was finished with a single ply roofing membrane with pedestrian pavings and glazed balustrades to the roof level terrace area. The external building envelope was formed with a combination of facing brickwork, aluminium frameless windows, curtain walling and brise soleil.
Internally, the building has been finished to a high standard with the use of high quality materials including en suite shower facilities, fixed desk and study furniture and communal kitchen areas.
Key features of the project were:-
- Project undertaken adjacent to occupied accommodation
- Four storey concrete frame structure
- Complex frameless glazing and brise soleil installation
- Gas fired air source heat pumps installed
- Two Stage Design and Construct Procurement