THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A THREE STOREY AFTERCARE FACILITY BUILDING TO CATER FOR POST HOSPITAL PATIENT CARE.
The facility incorporates 32 ensuite bedrooms with shared communal lounge, dining and kitchen facilities together with treatment and occupational therapy areas.
The three storey building was constructed on a 'greenfield' site as part of the Ravenswood Development in Ipswich. The building was constructed with a combiation of traditional loadbearing masonry construction, steel frame structures to central core and precast concrete upper floors.
Key features of the project were:-
- Curved standing seam roof finishes
- Curved horizontal insulated wall cladding details
- Curved glazing detailing to staircase cores
- Feature steel and lead clad entrance canopy statement
- Suffolk Association of Architects Craftmanship Award winner
- Procured using a two stage tender approach