THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW THREE STOREY DOCTORS SURGERY BUILDING INCORPRATING GP AREAS, PHYSIOTHERAPY SUITE, PCT SUITE AND PHARMACY DISPENSARY. THE PROJECT WAS PROCURED USING A TWO STAGE TENDER APPROACH
The new building was constructed using a combination of traditional loadbearing masonry construction with infil support steelwork and precast concrete upper floors. The envelope of the building was finished with a combintion of brickwork, cedar boaring, standing seam and slate roof finishes.
Key features of the project were:-
- Piled foundations and ground beams
- Precast concrete upper floors
- Feature western red cedar timber boarding
- Aluminuim clad timber windows
- Timber style brise soliel