The project comprised of the demolition of existing cellar and Biology buildings and construction of Cavendish Rooms and bar extension. The new three storey extension building comprised a ground floor bar area and first floor office space. We completed the fit out of the high spec bar and seating area with high quality oak joinery.
Externally, we installed high quality stonework to match the existing adjacent building from 1846, and a new roof over an existing live working kitchen.
Extensive temporary and structural works were carried out to form new openings into the existing stair tower.
The works also included formation of a new compound and haul road across the college lawns, and associated tree protection to a 250 year old Oak tree.
Key Features of the project include:
- Demolition of existing cellar and biology buildings
- High quality oak joinery throughout bar and seating area
- Tree protection to a 250 year old tree
- Temporary and structural works
- Two Stage pocurement