Barnes Construction is the largest division of The Barnes Group Limited and offers a comprehensive professional construction service. The business is very proud of its commitments to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused building contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clientele. The business is based at its Head Office in Ipswich but operates throughout the UK on a wide range of projects mainly within the Health, Leisure, Education, Retail and Commercial sectors.
Administrative Secretary to Managing Directors
Duties will include:
- Assisting the Administrative Secretary with day to day administration, copying, filing, creating files, standard letters and emails.
- Assisting with covering Reception for lunch breaks, holidays and sickness.
- Answering any external and internal calls within the Administration Department.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Checking milk supplies and updating order as and when required.
- Distribution of fruit daily.
- Assisting Document Control Department when required.
- Assisting Contracts Secretary when required.
- Assisting with refreshments for meetings and with setting up rooms for lunches/meetings.
The duties of the position will vary from time to time as a result of, new initiatives, changes in technology, or re-structuring, in these cases appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake any new/varied work.
- You are required to be computer literate, particularly in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You should be able to use your initiative and deal with changing priorities to meet necessary deadlines.
- You will need to be confident in your ability to work on your own as well as having good common sense and a flexible approach to working as part of a team.
- You will pay attention to detail and produce accurate work.
- You will be a good communicator and maintain a polite, helpful attitude with staff at all levels.
The Company will provide a competitive salary with good terms and conditions.
Please apply in writing enclosing a current CV marked ‘For the attention of Mrs L Lay, ‘Administrative Secretary to Managing Directors’ or email email@example.com.
Closing date 8th April 2020.
Barnes Construction, 6 Bermuda Road, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, Suffolk IP3 9RU
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence. Barnes Construction is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please Note: Only applications made in writing or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
*** We WILL NOT be accepting applications via indeed.co.uk or other recruitment sites as we have not instructed them to advertise for us ***