TO ENSURE WE ACHIEVED BIM LEVEL 2 CAPABILITY AND EXPERIENCE BY CENTRAL GOVERNMENT’S TARGET OF 2016, WE IMPLEMENTED OUR BIM PROGRAMME
With full Board approval, we have a BIM Policy and Action Plan fully supported by a comprehensive Implementation Programme. We have completed the NFB BIM Exemplar programme.
BIM Achievements thus far including:
- Developed strategic BIM implementation policies fully backed by the Board of Directors.
- Appointed a BIM Manager to push forward our BIM programme.
- Prepared a comprehensive BIM Action Plan supported by a full implementation programme with progress monitoring capability.
- Completed trial project to a BIM Level 2 standard on one of our Design & Construct Frameworks with our external consultant team. We have generated a case study identifying lessons learnt. Marstons_Skegness_BIM_Case_Study
- We have set up an extensive and comprehensive BIM Training and CPD programme utilising our consultant experiences
- Facilitated full employee access to key BIM guidance documents via SharePoint.
- As part of our BIM Trial Project we have prepared a comprehensive BIM Execution Plan in line with PAS 1192:2.
- Our IT Manager is providing IT support and advice to our BIM Design Partners and this cooperation will be extended to key supply chain members as they come on board.
- We have invested in considerable IT programmes to aide our BIM teams, such as Navis Works, Solibri, Viewpoint, BIM Measure & Asta Powerproject.
- Developed a case study from the BIM Principles adopted on the new Arthur Rank Hospice. Arthur_Rank_BIM_Case_Study